Prep: 10 minutes
Cook/Bake: 13 minutes • Serves: 4
1. Bell Peppers: Preheat oven to 450°. Slice 1/2-inch from the top of 4 red bell peppers; reserve tops. Remove seeds and inner membranes from peppers; place cut side up on a microwave-safe plate. Cook in microwave oven on high for 3 minutes or until slightly tender; place cut side up in 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Quinoa: Cook 1/2 cup in 1 cup water as label directs; transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Chopped Walnuts: Stir 2 packages (2.25 ounces each) chopped walnuts into the quinoa.
4. Spinach: Stir 2 cups chopped spinach into quinoa mixture; divide into the peppers.
5. Tomato Basil Feta Cheese: Sprinkle 1/4 cup crumbled tomato basil feta cheese over peppers; cover with the pepper tops. Bake for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender and slightly charred.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 pepper):
368 Calories, 24g Fat (4g Saturated), 10mg Cholesterol,
242mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 12g Protein
> If you have a tree nut allergy try swapping out the walnuts in this recipe for your favorite seeds. This will maintain the crunchy texture the nuts provide in contrast to the quinoa. For example, pumpkin seeds would be a great option!