Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes • Serves: 4
1. Brown Rice:Quick Barley: Prepare 1/2 (11-ounce) package quick barley (about 1-1/4 cups) as label directs.
2. Ground Beef:Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray. Add 3/4 pound 93% lean ground beef; cook 8 minutes or until browned, breaking up beef with side of spoon.
3. Onion Soup & Dip Mix: Stir 1 tablespoon each onion soup & dip mix and water into skillet; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. With slotted spoon, transfer beef to bowl.
4. Mushrooms:Add 1 (8-ounce) package sliced white mushrooms to same skillet; spray with cooking spray and cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Spreadable Cheese: In small microwave-safe bowl, heat 3/4 (6-ounce) package light creamy Swiss spreadable cheese (6 wedges) in microwave oven on high 40 seconds or until heated through, stirring every 20 seconds; stir in 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or chipotle powder. Divide barley into 4 bowls; top with beef mixture, mushrooms and cheese mixture. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 bowl):
339 Calories, 11g Fat (4g Saturated), 60mg Cholesterol,
677mg Sodium, 35g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 25g Protein
> Swap with ground turkey as preferred and add on your favorite burger toppings – lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.